Physical Lens on the Cell
- Understand the physical driving forces behind cellular processes
- Organize cellular processes into physical categories to facilitate transfer of understanding
- Focus on deep understanding and specific examples because learning all cell biology is not an option
- All processes in the cell necessarily are driven by physical rules. Otherwise, they wouldn't happen.
- Biologists and physicists should understand how and why.
- The key physical principles can be understood through a relatively simple mass-action picture of non-equilibrium kinetics.